Saturday, January 19, 2008

How cold is too cold?

So, unfortunately we had to venture out and do some grocery shopping today. Not only am I still battling symptoms of the flu, the temperature is -6 degrees, that's right -6!!!! This does not factor in the wind chill which puts us at about -30. Reports on the news today said that if you were outside for more than 15 minutes with any exposed skin you were going to get frostbite. I actually felt guilty taking the kids out, bu we made sure to bundle them up and off we went.


I try so hard when we go grocery shopping to stay in a budget. Well, needless to say we went WAY over budget again (spent close to $200 - for the week). Granted, we did get a bunch of extras because they had some great sales, so we have lots of extra things to eat, but I still cringed as I saw the total...ouch!!


Thankfully we get to stay in the rest of the weekend - hubby has to work again tonight but he doesn't really mind, although I do when I feel this way, it would be nice to curl up in bed with a good book and a cup of tea, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards for me today. Oh well, that's the joys of being a mom:)


Sorry this isn't too exciting, just don't have it in me to write when I feel so bad. Maybe I'll try
and squeeze a bath in before Tim has to head out!


Currently reading:

1 comment:

Jill said...

i feel you... brrr! Shivering In Iowa