Friday, January 25, 2008

Disgusted with Doctors

So, I haven't been feeling well for almost 2 weeks and haven't really been able to eat much, mostly because of this pain I have in my stomach. I ended up in the ER on Monday and they noticed a Prolonged QT which I had to wear a Holter monitor for. On Wednesday I had to have CT scan done of my stomach and pelvis. Lucky me, my Doctor is off until Monday so I end up talking to his nurse today. I was told yesterday that the Holter monitor report did show irregular heartbeat, but nothing to be worried about. Yeah right, I have done nothing but worry. Now, when I call to get the results of the CT scan I am told that I have a cyst on my liver and a dilated bile duct along with enlarged lymph nodes. Again I was told that this really wasn't a cause for concern. No offense because I know that there are times when RN's can know more about things than some doctors but this wasn't putting my mind at ease. So, when I asked if I should call first thing Monday to talk to Dr. Hendricks she told me he would be quite busy after just coming back from his 3 days off and maybe I would talk to him Monday afternoon or early Tuesday. I don't think so...first thing Monday there WILL be some answers for me. It is going to be a LOOOOOOONG weekend:(

No comments: