Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A new addition to the family

I have been pretty down lately. I had an ERCP done last week Tuesday and after 2 hours of digging around they couldn't get into my bile duct. Not only that, but I was so sick afterwards thanks to the general anesthetic they gave me. And to make matters worse, it didn't change anything.

Thankfully for the past few days I have been feeling a little better. I will be going to St. Luke's in Milwaukee to have the procedure performed again, but this time they will make a slight incision on the bile duct to open it and hopefully permanently relieve the pressure. The only thing that makes me nervous is it is a 1 1/2 hour drive away and if I am sick like I was last time it is going to be a LONG ride home.

On a lighter note, we purchased a new addition to our family yesterday. We bought a Newfoundland puppy that we named Julius. He is so adorable and I can't wait to pick him up on Sunday. Now it's time to go through the house and get rid of all of the toys the kids don't play with so the puppy has less things to destroy. I will post pictures after we get him. Hope you all have a happy Tuesday!

www.amateurdelivre.com

4 comments:

jezebelsk said...

Sorry they haven't figured anything out. I hope they get you fixed up soon. BTW, I sent you a note or two - you won the Deja Dead raffle at my blog! E-mail me your address when you get a chance! At least then you'll have somthing to read on the long drives!

Susan
susan.kelley@sbcglobal.net

Lynda said...

Wishing you health and the courage to deal with illness. It's tough to fit being sick into a busy life these days, isn't it? And even just saying that sounds crazy.

Meari said...

I hope you're feeling better. Milwaukee... Is that in WI? How's the new puppy working out?

Chiloe said...

If you like snowmen, have you seen that Vermillon stitchery has snowmen freebies this year ? I like your blog ;)